Registration for the 2019-20 school year will take place at Hillcrest in the multipurpose room on:
- Thursday, August 8th from 9:00am – Noon
- Friday, August 9th from 12:30pm – 4:00pm
Orientation for new families will be on Friday, August 9th from 4:15 – 5:15pm. Follow the signs from the main entrance.
The Kindergarten Social will be on Friday, August 9th from 5:30 – 6:30pm on the playground.
Volunteer fingerprinting and TB clearance will be offered on Friday, August 9th from 5:30 – 6:30pm in the Library. Please register as a volunteer beforehand if possible (that will help the process go more smoothly). There is a $35 fee for fingerprinting.
The Hillcrest PTA is also starting its Membership Drive! You may click on the following links to submit your PTA dues and PTA donation. Printed PTA forms will also be available at Hillcrest at Registration and in the main office. (Heather Davis / Karen O’Connell)
The 2019 Swag Drive is currently live – you can purchase Hillcrest clothing and gear online. Please note this is the only Swag clothing drive we will have all year, so don’t miss out! The deadline to order is Friday, August 23rd and more info can be found here.
Registration forms and school supplies information are below. Most registration forms can be submitted either electronically or by downloading and printing. Some forms can only be submitted one way and are so noted.
REGISTRATION FORMS: NEW STUDENTS (regardless of grade level):
If you have already completed these forms and submitted them, there is no need to turn them in again at registration. Information on California’s current laws regarding student immunizations can be found here. All new students must provide proof of vaccination to begin school. These forms are for printing only:
- California School Immunization Record Form: Children may not attend classes until the office confirms that all immunizations are up to date.
- Report of Health Exam for School Entry (Kindergarten Only)
- Oral Health Assessment Form (Kindergarten Only; complete by 5/31/20)
REGISTRATION FORMS: ALL STUDENTS
- OUSD Registration Packet on SchoolMint – you should have received an email with login information from OUSD. If you did not receive an email or need help with your username, account, or any other questions, please email email@example.com to troubleshoot the issue.
- Contact Information Form
- Walking Field Trip / Lake Run Form
- PTA Event Participation Waiver
- OUSD Local Control Funding Formula Form (electronic only)
- California Healthy Kids (CHKS) Survey Permission – 5th grade only
- California Healthy Kids (CHKS) Survey Permission – 6th grade only
REQUIRED for Volunteers, including Field Trip Drivers (submit electronically or print):
- Sign up to Volunteer if you aren’t already registered with Oakland Ed Fund (electronic only)
- OUSD Declaration of Driver Form (for field trip drivers)
- Volunteer Waiver (for adults and students who volunteer at any PTA event)
After signing up to volunteer, you’ll receive emailed information and forms for TB Clearance and Fingerprinting Clearance. This document gives an overview of the volunteer clearance process. Classroom volunteers who visit 3 times or more require TB Clearance. Field Trip drivers require both TB Clearance and Fingerprinting Clearance. Both services will be offered on-site at the Hillcrest Library on Friday, August 9th from 5:30 – 6:30pm. There is a $35 fee for Fingerprinting Clearance. Your volunteer clearance is in place for 4 years. Your driver form needs to be updated every year.
Additional Forms (submit electronically or print):
- PTA Donation Form – optional
- PTA Membership Form – required if you would like to attend PTA meetings and/or hold a PTA office
- OUSD Media Opt-Out Form – optional
- OUSD Use of Student Images / Schoolwork Opt-Out Form – optional
READ ONLY: ALL STUDENTS
- Cyberbullying Handout – Please download and review with your child.
- Student Emergency Packets – We are not requiring families to purchase or provide emergency supplies. Each classroom has basic supplies that have been provided by OUSD.
- Retail Fundraising FAQ (all the information you need to donate to Hillcrest while making your purchases from Amazon, Mabel’s Labels, etc.)
- K-5 students will use “community supplies,” which have been bulk-purchased by the PTA. Parent contributions toward supplies will be collected as part of the classroom funds request that room parents will manage. No supplies shopping is required.
- Middle School students will use individual supplies. The supplies list is here.
- Devices: When needed, student devices (ex: Chromebooks) will be provided by Hillcrest. Students will have access to devices as needed during the school day, and there will be a checkout procedure when devices are needed outside school hours.
Questions? Click here.